Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Easy Livin'?

Notes from the "Revive Our Hearts" Radio Program with Nancy Leigh DeMoss today on Joshua 17:14-18:

This passage is about the children of Joseph who were unhappy with their allotment of the Promised Land. They complained there wasn't enough good land for all the people. Joshua told them to go to their forest, clear the land and live there. He told them to go to the section still inhabited by the Canaanites and conquer it so they would have more of their land. The children of Joseph argued, but Joshua didn't give in. He knew they needed to learn to work, engage the enemy and take the land to themselves.

Application:

Is this (any area of my life in which I'm struggling) too narrow a place for me? Do I want the inheritance without the sacrifice, discipline, obedience and work?

Maximize and make the most of what God has given. The land must be tilled and the enemies destroyed - I must choose to flourish where I am.

If I'm not content with what I have, I won't be content with what I think I want.

Nor will you.

No comments: