Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Peanut Butter Apple Crisp














I made Peanut Butter Apple Crisp Saturday afternoon with some Macintosh apples Marty and I bought at a little produce stand earlier in the day. The original recipe calls for Jonathan or Macintosh apples, but I've used several different varieties with success. So choose your favorite apple and bake some up this afternoon!

Peanut Butter Apple Crisp

4 C. apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/8 C. sugar
1 tabl. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3 tabl. water
1 C. quick-cook or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1/3 C. brown sugar, packed
4 tabl. flour
1/2 C. peanut butter
5 tabl. butter

Preheat oven to 350. Add first 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix until apple slices are coated. Add mixture and water to an 8x8 baking pan. In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Top apple mixture with oat mixure. Bake for 45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with whipped cream, ice cream, milk, or plain.

2 comments:

Patti said...

I discovered this recipe through your newsletter last year. I've made it often, as it has become a family favorite.

Have a great day,
Patti

Anonymous said...

I know I'd love this. My favorite snack is apple slices with peanut butter!
Ruth, PA